Saturday 12 January 2013

Liebster Award


 Thanks to Romany from Me, Mitch, Monty and Munchables for nominating me for this award. The award is designed to be given to blogs with less than 200 followers, as a sign of appreciation an encouragement to keep it going.


The Rules
  • The nominees must link back to the blogger who awarded them 
  • If you are nominated, write "11 Random Facts" about yourself, then answer the 11 questions the awarder wrote for you 
  • Make up 11 new questions to be answered, then nominate 11 other bloggers to take part (I'm going to struggle to nominate 11 other bloggers, but I'll do my best).

11 Random Facts About Me...
  • I got married in a tree house
  • I'd love to emigrate to Sydney one day
  • I used to be able to solve a Rubik's cube in less than 60 seconds
  • I frequented the same newsagent as Fred West
  • When I bought my first house, I painted each room a different colour
  • My favourite animal is an echidna
  • I love cars and used to be a real petrol head
  • I'm secretly a bit of a geek
  • I once had to take a day off work as my fake tan had gone so badly wrong
  • Although I live in suburbia I love the open countryside and hope to move back there someday
  • I love, love, love Chelsea buns

My Questions from Romany...
  
How old are you?
As old as my tongue and a little bit older than my teeth ;o) I'm 40 and can reassuringly announce than turning 40 is in no way as bad as turning 30!

What is your first memory?
 I remember going to school for an hour or so before I started there to see what it was like. I remember being disappointed when they didn't test my reading abilities and instead just gave me some colouring in to do!
  
 Who would play you in a movie of your life?
 Cameron Diaz, blonde and a bit ditsy!

What is your favourite book?
I've only really started reading over the last couple of years, but loved the Millennium series. Probably 'The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo' wins by a whisker.
   
 If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life what would it be?
I love fajitas and lasagne, but I think they'd get a bit samey. I'd probably go for pizza as hopefully I'd be allowed to switch the toppings around a bit!
   
Do you have any hobbies?
 I love photography and have relatively recently discovered geocaching, it's a great excuse for getting out into the countryside to explore.
   
Where is your favourite place in the world?
I went to Sydney a few years ago and absolutely loved it. The Australians have a really relaxed outlook on life and the place was really chilled and welcoming. I visited the west coast too, but it was Sydney which had both the lifestyle and climate which I found most appealing.
   
Do you have any interesting scars?
Not really, I've got the usual scars on my knees from childhood, plus one on my finger from falling over on the driveway when I was little.
   
Do you have phobias?
I'm not sure if it's a phobia, but I really don't like flying. I just can't understand how a plane that heavy, let alone with all the passengers and luggage it contains can stay in the sky! Nothing else bothers me too much nowadays.
   
Do you have any pets?
We have a pond with 20 or so fish, but not sure I'd call them pets. I feed them (by hand occasionally) but I'm not allowed to stroke them.
   
Pirates or ninjas?
I reckon the ninjas would win due to their superior physical and mental abilities. I'm picturing Uma Thurman in Kill Bill but without the blonde hair and with a black bodysuit!


Questions for my nominees...
  • If you were invisible for a day, where would you go and what would you do?
  • Have you ever Googled yourself and been surprised by what you found?
  • If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
  • What is the best book you've read?
  • What is your favourite film?
  • When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
  • What was the last song or album you bought or downloaded?
  • If you could only take three items to a desert island, what would you choose?
  • Do you have any goals you hope to achieve in 2013?
  • What is your most treasured possession?
  • What three words would you use to describe yourself?


My nominees for the Award are:
 I'm looking forward to reading what you write, and learning a bit more about you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment