Monday 20 May 2013

Blog Every Day in May - Blog 18 - Best Friends

I've lost my momentum with these posts a little after the issues I had uploading Friday's post As a result, I've got three to catch up on.

Ever since I met my husband I've been telling him he's my best friend. He wrinkles up his nose in distaste, probably thinking that best friends are things that are best left to teenage girls. Over the years he's softened a little and I think now accepts the fact.

It's not that I don't have other friends. It's just that at the age I'm at, people drift apart, whether it's due to fallings out, relocations, getting married, having children... Suddenly your friends' priorities and time availability don't match yours, or they'd just rather spend their free time with their family rather than friends. Despite these occurences, I'm lucky to have a few good friends, who I think if everything fell apart would drop work / their day with the family / hit the motorway to check up on me.

I think that brings me to why my husband's my best friend. He knows me better than anyone else does, and still likes me. We both like to play the fool and laugh until bladder control is almost compromised. We're smart enough to understand each other and discuss anything from accounting standards (yawn!) to IT issues (well, I try). We generally get on very well and might have a big argument once a year, the rest of the time we've learned to compromise or walk away and let things calm down. We have similar priorities in life and just genuinely enjoy each others' company. What more could you ask for?

It's hard to get a good picture of us, we love a bit of face pulling.
Often I try but it's not until I see the photos that I realise I was the only one.
This was at the IMAX, but still, we laughed until we cried when we put on these glasses.
It'd be rude to go to a gift shop and not try on the merchandise.
New cycling glasses? Why not try an Ali G impression.
Ah, boys and their toys!
We put the face pulling on hold for our wedding day.
And I tried for a photo session, but got the giggles.
Seriously, who else would put up with us?!

Blog Every Day in May badge

No comments:

Post a Comment