Tuesday 28 May 2013

Blog Every Day in May - Blog 26 - Fantasy Dinner Party

Image courtesy of  -Marcus- / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
 
I've read plenty of these posts in the past, but have never really given any thought until now, as to who my fantasy dinner party guests would be. I've set myself some rules, that no fictional characters are allowed (no Harry Potter or Doctor Who), and everyone must be alive (no Pharaohs or Shakespeare, I'm afraid). On that basis, I think my five guests would be:

David Mitchell
David Mitchell never fails to make me laugh when I catch him on the television. Although I'd not expect him to be in full stand up mode, hopefully my other guests should give him enough ammunition for a few well-placed comments.

Robbie Williams
This could either go really well, and he'd be incredibly entertaining and on top form, or make the whole thing car crash entertainment. Either way, I'm willing to give it a go, just to see what he's really like when the spotlight's not on him.

Stephen Fry
Stephen Fry seems to make a lot of these lists, so it's no wonder he's looking so well fed! Stephen's intelligent and knowledgeable and would, I'm sure, ensure there wouldn't be any awkward silences at the table. We'd no doubt all come away from the table having learned something.

Sarah Millican
Sarah Millican really makes me laugh, I love her observational humour and northern references. I also didn't want an entirely male table of guests, although I am a little concerned I seem to be hosting an episode of QI!

Terry Wogan
I liked the idea of having a member of the older generation present, I'm sure Terry could keep the youngsters under control with his deep Irish voice. Having listened to a Janet and John episode in the dentist one day that was so thick with double entendre that it almost made me blush, I tend to think he's got a wicked sense of humour and would fit right in.

If anyone could call round their agents and set this up for me, it would be much appreciated. Just give me enough warning so I can organise the catering!

 
Blog Every Day in May badge

No comments:

Post a Comment