Wednesday 1 May 2013

Blog Every Day in May - Day 1 - 5 lines

I've had a been through a bit of a dry patch recently, blogging wise. Over the last month, I've been through a merger, office move, plus had a weekend away with the inlaws and a weekend away for my husband's birthday. All in all it's meant that it's been some time since my ideas made it from inside my head and onto the world wide web.

Yesterday, I saw a link to Elizabeth's blog, Rosalilium, where she was promoting the challenge of blogging every day in May. I thought this might be just what I needed to kick start my blogging engine. That's why, even after an eleven hour day at work, here I am writing my first blog post for a month.

 Today's post subject is 'Five Lines', or more specifically, 'introduce yourself or sum yourself up in just 5 lines. Include a photograph that you are proud of." Here goes...

My name's Rachel and I can confirm that life does continue after 40.
I don't drink alcohol, don't smoke but make up for it with my appetite for chocolate.
I'm six months through orthodontic treatment and can't wait to be brace free.
I spend an unhealthy amount of time looking at pictures of puppies, making do until we can get our own dog.
Thanks to conjunctivitis, April was the first time I've been to work without mascara. Several times, actually.

As for the photograph, it's so hard to narrow it down. However, the photograph below was taken at the top of Ben A'an in the Trossachs. The ground got snowier the higher we got, until the top was sheer ice. I fell over several times and was getting really frustrated, but couldn't get so far and not see the final view. This is me at the top, relieved that I'd made it there without breaking a leg. The journey down was no less dramatic, we lost the light very quickly and were lucky to make it down. A lesson learned!


If you're also doing Blog Every Day in May, leave your blog address in the comments section below. I'd love to read what you've written.

Blog Every Day in May badge

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo, also ace facts - and I'm glad about the life after 40 bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photo is amazing! What a view.
    Good luck with Blog Every Day in May. I'm looking forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww that's a beautiful photo :) Tough experience but it makes it a the worth it :D I decided to do the same May challenge - exciting :D

    SLS x

    SmileLoveSpend.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete